Tuesday, April 27, 2004


SURFSTOPPER: 2004 NFL DRAFT



I might have to add "NFL Draft" to my surfstopper list. Yeah, it's only a once a year thing, but I kept tuning in. I'm fascinated that they can televise this thing for two days straight and still find sh!t to talk about. I half expect Jerry Lewis to jump out during the 10th hour of this thing and belt out "You'll Never Walk Alone", with the Manning family in the front row looking all glassy-eyed. But really, what can anyone possibly have to say about a sixth round wide receiver from Nebraska-Omaha? Are they afraid a future Tom Brady or Terrell Davis is going to slip by them in the later rounds, and they weren't there to say something about him?

My favorite late round draft pick names:

COLBY BOCKWOLDT
JEFF SMOKER
JONATHAN SMITH (no really, what's your REAL name?)
VONTEZ DUFF

Mmmm, Vontez Duff.