Saturday, February 05, 2005

CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF OF HER


Okay, so I just watched the scene from the movie Closer, which involves Natalie Portman stripping for Clive Owen to The Smiths' song "How Soon Is Now?" It's one of my favorite songs of all-time, and somehow, dammit, they managed to make it better! And it's a fitting song for the scene (as well as the movie), with its bleak soundscape and yearning lyrics: "I am human and I need to be loved, just like everybody else does." I need a private lap dance, just like everybody else does.

Anyway, I always thought Natalie Portman was cute (since she starred in Léon (The Professional) when she was 12--is that wrong?), but now she's simply smokin' hot. Did I mention she's stripping? To the Smiths? Why didn't they put this in the trailer? They would have had my $9 in a second! Just had to mention that. They also use the song by Damien Rice entitled "The Blower's Daughter" (yes, it's on the Top 500 List) effectively in this movie, hence this blog entry's title. Did I mention that Natalie Portman plays a stripper? I just wanted to make that clear.